This Homeopathic Remedy Guide will provide you with the most commonly used remedies.
All are proven Homeopathic Remedies, however this list should be used as a quick reference only! Please, read up on each remedy if possible as symptoms must match the remedy for Homeopathy to work.
Please do not attempt to treat chronic problems on your own! Seek professional advice of a Homeopath and a Veterinarian to prevent any harm to your animal. Even though there are no side-effects to using Homeopathic medicines, it is important to know that one can confuse the situation with improper administering of Homeopathic medicines, to the point that even a good Homeopathic doctor will not be able to help.
If after giving a Homeopathic medicine four times and there is no reaction, stop administering and seek help from a Homeopath, you may have the wrong remedy or potency. Also, if you have given the remedy and there is a reaction of any kind, either the symptoms get better or are getting worse… stop administering and seek help from a Homeopath for further instruction.
Commonly Used Remedies
- ARNICA – Injuries, bruises, head traumas, first remedy to give in injuries of any kind including shock. First remedy to give wherever there is trauma or injury especially head injuries. Can prevent blood clots therefore may be very useful in preventing strokes etc. More information on Arnica
- ACONITE – Inflammation, sudden onset, anxiety and restlessness dry mouth, check ears for heat or coldness. More information on Aconite
- APIS MELLIFICA – Allergic reactions, hives, swelling/closing of throat due to allergy. More information on Apis
- ARSENICUM ALBUM – Colic with vomiting/diarrhea, food poisoning, sepsis, anxiety, restlessness especially at night, thirst for small quantities but often. More information on Arsenicum Album
- BRYONIA – Colic, all symptoms worse motion better by resting or staying perfectly still, thirst for large amounts of water, vomiting bile after eating, constipation. More information on Bryonia
- CALCAREA CARBONICA – For old injuries after giving Rhus-tox for some time. A muscle tonic. Aids the body in utilizing Calcium and making it more bio-available. More information on Calcarea Carbonica
- CALENDULA CREAM – For speeding up healing of wounds (do not apply if drainage is still necessary – Calendula will close a wound quickly and therefore trap infectious material that may need to drain. Wait to apply if infection is present)More information on Calendula
- CHAMOMILLA – Teething, irritability, colic, wants to be carried, capricious. More information on Chamomilla
- HEPAR SULPHUR – is a superb remedy for infections. It is used for respiratory inflammation, sinusitis and abscesses. Whether the infection is in the eyes, ears, the lungs or skin, Hepar-sulph when indicated can help heal like no other remedy. Great for really bad colds/flues that causes hoarseness and loss of voice, or a rattling wet cough. This remedy is also often usedfor cold-sores with much success. For more information on HEPAR SULPHUR
- HYPERICUM (St. John’s Wort) – Prime importance in the treatment of lacerated wounds where nerve endings are damaged. An important nerve remedy in back/neck and especially coccyx (tail bone) injuries. More information on Hypercum
- MAG-PHOS (6 x Tissue Salt) – Cramping colicky pains, better bending double/curled fetal position and better warm applications flatulent colic, cramps Combine: Nux-vom & Mag-phos when you can see constipation, swollen abdomen and gassy – lots of cramping. More information on Mag-Phos
- NUX-VOMICA – Colic, constipation with urging, sinus infections, cramping, looks bloated, digestive remedy patient is chilly, from over-eating or eating of ‘bad’ food. More information on Nux-Vomica
- PULSATILLA – Colic, ear infections, yellow discharges, affectionate/clingy. More information on Pulsatilla
- RHUS-TOX – Where pain & weakness in muscles/tendons/joints gets worse during rain or humidity and wear off when the patient moves & limbers up. leading remedy for arthritis type symptoms More information on Rhus-Tox
- RUTA – Best used for bruises to bones, cartilages, tendons, the insertion of tendons & even the cartilages around the joints (over-exertion of fibers such as the flexor tendons). More information on Ruta
- SEPIA – Chronic cystitis, female uterine problems, mood swings due to hormone imbalances. Also given to mothers that reject their young. More information Sepia
- SYMPHYTUM/COMFREY – for bone breaks.More information on Symphytum/Comfrey
- TEA TREE – wound cleaner, anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Tea tree has a long history of traditional use. Australian aboriginals used tea tree leaves for healing skin cuts, burns, and infections by crushing the leaves and applying them to the affected area.
1 thought on “Homeopathic Remedy Guide”
Comments are closed.